Along with our advanced research and training programs, the University of Arizona Division of Dermatology provides outstanding clinical services to patients for medical and surgical care of the skin, hair and nails. We specialize in diagnosing and treating skin diseases and managing both benign and malignant skin tumors.
Our general dermatology medical services include:
- An adult dermatology clinic and a dedicated pediatric dermatology clinic
- A dedicated Mohs and dermatologic surgical unit for skin cancer and other skin tumors. Our unit meets hospital standards and offers the highest level of outpatient surgical safety.
- A Cutaneous Oncology program that features a specialized clinic for melanoma, cutaneous lymphoma and other forms of skin cancer and that collaborates with the UA Cancer Center medical and surgical oncologists.
- A variety of laser and aesthetic procedures.
- Phototherapy and blue and red photodynamic therapy.
- Expanded patch testing for contact dermatitis, including the full North American Contact Dermatitis Group’s allergy series—not offered by most dermatologists.
In addition to our outpatient clinical dermatology practice, we provide dermatological on-call services for Emergency Medicine, Surgery and Inpatient Medicine at Banner – University Medical Center Tucson and South campuses as well as ambulatory dermatology services at the Tucson VA Medical Center. Our physicians also serve in several lead positions at the UA Cancer Center’s Skin Cancer Institute, including:
- Dermatology Division Chief James Sligh, MD, PhD — associate director and executive group, Skin Cancer Institute; member, UA Cancer Center Executive Committee and Sarcoma Multidisciplinary Clinic Team
- Clara Curiel-Lewandroski, MD — executive group, Skin Cancer Institute, and director, Pigmented Lesion Clinic and Multidisciplinary Cutaneous Oncology Program
UA Skin Cancer Institute
The Skin Cancer Institute unites the UA Cancer Center’s many skin cancer prevention endeavors, bringing together innovative research, clinical care, education and community outreach. It brings together a multidisciplinary team across the various health-care fields to advance our knowledge of these disorders, develop innovative and breakthrough therapies and treatments, and provide compassionate care to our patients.
For more information, see the following:
- Skin Cancer Multidisciplinary Clinics
- Cutaneous Oncology Program
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery
- Pigmented Lesion Clinic
- Photodynamic therapy treatment (PDT)
Additional Programs & Services
You can find additional information and detail about programs and services we offer at these links to the Banner – UMC website:
- Allergy & Immunology
- Breast Cancer
- Cancer Care
- Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgery
- Sinus Surgery & Rhinology
- Skin Cancer
- Surgical Services
- Trauma Care
- Weight Management
- Women’s Health
For more information, also see:
- Acne Quiz
- Allergies: FAQs
- Athlete's Foot Quiz
- Breast Biopsy: Video
- Lips Quiz
- Melanoma Quiz
- Melanoma Screening: Video
- Poison Ivy Quiz
- Rosacea Quiz
- Shingles Quiz
- Summer Sun Exposure Quiz
- What to Expect with Burn Injuries
Where We Practice
Not including health-care partner organizations, affiliated community practices and providers, and mobile clinic services offered by our physicians, these are the major facilities where our physicians practice and teach:
Banner – University Medical Center Tucson
1501 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85724
Banner – University Medical Center South
2800 E. Ajo Way, Tucson, AZ 85714
Banner – University Medical Center Dermatology Physician Offices
7005 N. Oracle Road Tucson, AZ 85704
(520) 694-2873 (CURE)
University of Arizona Cancer Center – North Campus
3838 N. Campbell Ave., Tucson, AZ 85719
(520) 694-2873 (CURE)
Southern Arizona VA Health Care System
3601 S. 6th Ave., Tucson, AZ 85723
How to Schedule an Appointment
To request an appointment with a dermatologist, please call our Patient Service Center at (520) 694-2873 (CURE) or Request an Appointment online here and select Dermatology as the specialty. For appointments regarding cosmetic procedures, please call (520) 694-2100. If you already are a patient, you can also log-in to MyChart.com to request an appointment or send a message to your clinician.
For cancer patients, visit the UA Cancer Center's Patient webpage: uacc.arizona.edu/patients
How to Make a Referral
If you’re a health-care provider and want to make a patient referral with one of our physicians, please contact Physician Resources at (520) 694-5868 or toll-free 1-800-524-5928. You can also use the HealthLink online referral tool to make a physician enquiry.