Physicians interested in the Hospice & Palliative Medicine Fellowship may apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Qualifications for admission to the Fellowship Program include:
- The successful completion of a three-year residency in one of the following disciplines: Anesthesiology, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine
- U.S. Citizenship, valid residency, or J-1 visa. This program does not support H1-B visas
- Graduates of foreign medical schools must have a standard ECFMG Certificate
- All accepted candidates must obtain an Arizona postgraduate training permit
Your ERAS application will require the following documentation:
- Three letters of reference
- USMLE scores
- ECFMG certificate (see “International Medical Graduates,” below)
- Medical school transcript
- Certificate of completion (or good standing in) ACGME accredited residency (can be in Anesthesiology, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine)
- Personal statement
International Medical Graduates
Fellows must either have U.S. Citizenship, valid U.S. residency, or a J-1 visa. H1-B visas are not supported by this Fellowship.
Timeline and Deadlines
The Program reviews all applications — from internal and external applicants alike — and selects the most qualified candidates for an interview. Interview season generally starts in mid-September and finishes in early November. For the 2017-18 academic year, applications will be accepted from the opening of the ERAS PostOffice through Sept. 2, 2016, and the interview period will be from Sept. 12 to Oct. 31, 2016.
- June: Programs open for fellowship applicants (click here for MyERAS User Guide)
- Mid-July: ERAS PostOffice opens to July cycle programs
- December: Match Results available for July application cycle programs
For key dates related to geriatric medicine programs in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) Fellowship Match, see the NRMP Medical Specialties Matching Program or click on its SMS Master Calendar for match schedules to register for participation in the match.
You must apply through ERAS and register for participation in the match through the NRMP.