Candidates must be a graduate of a certified ACGME residency program in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, or a combined Internal Medicine-Pediatrics program, and must be board certified or board eligible for that program.
Fellowship applications will be accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) online service that transmits applications and supporting documentation for U.S. fellowship matching positions.
For your information:
- Program number is 0200300001
- Number of fellows per year: 1 or 2
- Length of Fellowship: 2 years
- Opportunities available for third year, research track
Below is a list of minimum requirements needed for an application to the Allergy and Immunology Track:
- ERAS application
- Personal statement
- Three current letters of recommendation from people you’ve worked with in the last year
- Must have passed USMLE STEPS 1, 2 and 3 to be considered for an interview
International Medical Graduates
International Medical Graduates may apply to the Program. In addition to the above requirements, they must be certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
Timeline and Deadlines
All applicants are reviewed through ERAS, internal and external candidates alike. The Program reviews all applications and selects the most qualified candidates for an interview.
Important timeframes to keep in mind:
- June: MyERAS opens for fellowship applicants (click here for MyERAS User Guide)
- Mid-July: ERAS PostOffice opens to July cycle programs
- December: Match Results available for July application cycle programs
Interviews will begin in AUGUST. Look for more information to be posted here prior to that.
Please note, you must apply through ERAS and register for participation in the match through the NRMP Fellowship Specialties Matching Service.
- Our program emphasizes the three pillars of the University of Arizona- Banner University Medical Group mission: Patient Care, Research, and Education.
- Strong candidates for this program will show a history of excellence in at least one of these areas:
- Clinical Expertise
- Quality Improvement
- Clinical, Translational, or Basic Science Research
- Education leadership