Our Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship Program participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). For ERAS, our ACGME Program ID is 156-03-21-001. Interviews will begin in AUGUST. Look for more information to be posted here prior to that.
A Fellow accepts appointment as a Clinical Assistant in the Program. It is understood that appointments at the UA College of Medicine are year-to-year, and subject to annual renewal, pursuant to Chapter 4, University Handbook for Appointed Personnel and the Arizona Board of Regents Policy Manual, 6-301, et seq.
Below is a list of minimum requirements needed for an application to the Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship:
- ERAS or NRMP application
- Personal statement
- Three current letters of recommendation from people you’ve worked with in the last year
- Must have passed USMLE STEPS 1, 2 and 3 to be considered for an interview
International Medical Graduates
International Medical Graduates are welcome to apply to the Program. In addition to the above requirements, they must be certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
Timeline and Deadlines
All applicants are reviewed through ERAS, internal and external candidates alike. The Program reviews all applications and selects the most qualified candidates for an interview.
- June: MyERAS opens for fellowship applicants (click here for MyERAS User Guide)
- Mid-July: ERAS PostOffice opens to July cycle programs
- December: Match Results available for July application cycle programs
Interviews will begin in AUGUST. Look for more information to be posted here prior to that.
Please note, you must apply through ERAS and register for participation in the match through the NRMP Fellowship Specialties Matching Service.