Candidates interested in the Sleep Medicine Fellowship Program may apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Qualifications for admission to the Fellowship Program include:
- The successful completion of a three-year ACGME-accredited residency
- U.S. Citizenship, valid residency, J-1 visa, or H1-B visa
- Graduates of foreign medical schools must have a standard ECFMG Certificate
- All accepted candidate must obtain an Arizona postgraduate training permit
For your information:
- Our program number: 5200314002
- Number of fellows per year: 1
- Length of Fellowship: 1 years
- Opportunities available for an extra year, research track
Your ERAS application will require the following documentation:
- Personal statement
- Three letters of reference (LOR)
- USMLE scores
- ECFMG certificate (see “International Medical Graduates,” below)
- Medical school transcript
- Certificate of completion (or good standing in) ACGME-accredited residency
International Medical Graduates
Fellows must either have U.S. Citizenship, valid U.S. residency, a J-1 visa, or an H1-B visa.
Timeline and Deadlines
The ERAS and National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) websites have information for fellowship application and match registration deadlines. It is generally recommended applicants begin gathering their application materials in January in order to be ready to apply by July. It is highly recommended you have taken “Step III” (pre-boards residency exam). ERAS begins transmitting applications to the fellowship programs in early to mid-July. It is highly recommended that your application be completed and submitted by this point. The application review process starts the last week of July thru the month of August. Interview offers go out shortly after the review process. Interviews occur over a 6-8 week period starting the last week of August through the last week of October (This may vary depending on the application deadlines for ERAS and NRMP.). Rank lists are due in mid-November and the match announcement is in early December.
Please note, you must apply through ERAS and register for participation in the match through the NRMP Fellowship Specialties Matching Service.