Candidates interested in the Sleep Medicine Fellowship Program may apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Selections are announced as part of the NRMP Fellowship Match in December. Please note, you must apply through ERAS and register for participation in the match through the NRMP Fellowship Specialties Matching Service.
Qualifications for admission to the Fellowship Program include:
- The successful completion of a three-year ACGME-accredited residency
- U.S. Citizenship, valid residency, or J-1 visa. This fellowship program is unable to accept candidates with H1B visas
- Graduates of foreign medical schools must have a standard ECFMG Certificate
- All accepted candidate must obtain an Arizona postgraduate training permit (see "Licensure") from the Arizona Medical Board
For your information:
- Our program number: 5200314002
- Number of fellows per year: 1
- Length of Fellowship: 1 year
- Opportunities available for an extra year, research track
Your ERAS application will require the following documentation:
- Personal statement
- Three letters of reference (LOR)
- USMLE or COMLEX scores
- ECFMG certificate (see “International Medical Graduates,” below)
- Medical school transcript
- Certificate of completion (or good standing in) ACGME-accredited residency
International Medical Graduates
International Medical Graduates are welcome to apply to the Program. In addition to the above requirements, they must have passed the FMGEMS exam and have a standard ECFMG Certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
Fellows must either have U.S. Citizenship, valid U.S. residency, or a J-1 visa. This fellowship program is unable to accept candidates with H1B visas.
Timeline and Deadlines
The ERAS and National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) websites have information for fellowship application and match registration deadlines. It is generally recommended applicants begin gathering their application materials in January in order to be ready to apply by July. It is highly recommended you have taken “Step III” (pre-boards residency exam). ERAS begins transmitting applications to the fellowship programs in early to mid-July. It is highly recommended that your application be completed and submitted by this point. The application review process starts the last week of July thru the month of August. Interview offers go out shortly after the review process. Interviews occur over a 6-8 week period starting the last week of August through the last week of October (This may vary depending on the application deadlines for ERAS and NRMP.). Rank lists are due in mid-October and the match announcement is in late October.
A Fellow accepts appointment as a Clinical Assistant in the Program. It is understood that appointments at the UA College of Medicine are year-to-year, and subject to annual renewal, pursuant to Chapter 4, University Handbook for Appointed Personnel and the Arizona Board of Regents Policy Manual, 6-301, et seq.