The guide assists medical students, residents, fellows and faculty and staff in identifying those faculty members and physicians who are at the heart of our clinical teaching mission.
In a simple one-page organization chart, it offers photos of faculty physicians across our various divisions and chief residents arranged by their Internal Medicine Residency Program at the Tucson Campus or South Campus.
You’ll find a link to the guide as a printable PDF on the Education section of the DOM website here (or click on the image above right).
New to the guide are UA nephrologist Amy Sussman, MD, who became Vice Chair for Education for the department in March 2017, and Susan Ellis, EdS, who starts July 3 as the Education Associate Specialist for the Office of the Vice Chair of Education. Others new to the guide are listed as such below—see "(NEW)".
The guide also names “Key Clinical Faculty,” identified by division for added training/teaching duties:
- Katharina Beeler, MD – Inpatient Medicine (NEW)
- Janet Campion, MD, MPH – Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine (NEW)
- Randy Horwitz, MD, PhD – Integrative Medicine
- Elizabeth Juneman, MD – Cardiology (NEW)
- Merri Pendergrass, MD, PhD – Endocrinology
- Aaron Scott, MD – Hematology & Oncology
- Anna Stepczynski, MD – General Internal Medicine
- Dominick Sudano, MD – Rheumatology
- Sasha Taleban, MD – Gastroenterology
- Bijin Thajudeen, MD – Nephrology
- Tejo Vemulapalli, MD – Inpatient Medicine (division chief)
And it lists program and associate program directors for our two Internal Medicine Residency Programs and “Core Faculty” and chief residents (aka, clinical instructors) for each:
- Laura Meinke, MD (Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine) – Program Director
- João Paulo Ferreira, MD (Inpatient Medicine) – Assoc. Program Director, PGY3
- Tirdad Zangeneh, DO (Infectious Diseases) – Assoc. Program Director, PGY2
- Josh Malo, MD (Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine) – Assoc. Program Director, PGY1
- Pavani Chalasani, MD – Hematology & Oncology
- Meenakshi Dagar, MD – General Internal Medicine
- Lori Fantry, MD, MPH – Infectious Diseases (NEW)
- Anca Georgescu, MD – Infectious Diseases (NEW)
- Dalia Mikhael, MD – Inpatient Medicine
- Indu Partha, MD – General Internal Medicine
- Serena Scott, MD – General Internal Medicine
- Gene Trowers, MD, MPH (Gastroenterology) – Program Director
- Bujji Ainapurapu, MD (Inpatient Medicine) – Assoc. Program Director
- Vijay Chandiramani, MD – Inpatient Medicine
- Kwan Lee, MD – Cardiology
- Anil Potharaju, MD – Inpatient Medicine
- Raed Sukerji, MD – General Internal Medicine
- Monica Vandivort, MD – Geriatric Medicine
For a full list of Education Leadership within the UA Department of Medicine, click here.