Division of Cardiology Chief and Sarver Heart Center Director Dr. Nancy Sweitzer presents at the C3 Conference.
The UA Division of Cardiology and Sarver Heart Center were well represented at the Complex Cardiovascular Catheter Therapeutics C3 2017 Conference in Orlando, Fla., at the end of June.
Topics covered at the conference included areas like interventional cardiology, vascular surgery, and interventional radiology, atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
Drs. Kwan Lee and Kapil Lotun speak to another cardiolgist at the conference.
UA cardiologists themes presented on included extracorporeal life support, ventricular assist devices, valve replacement, the genetics and related disparities of heart failure, and techniques to improve cardiac arrest survival.
Sarver Heart physicians who attended and their presentations:
- "Meet the Expert: How to Implant and Manage ECMO"
- "The Latest Update on Improving Survival In and Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrest: A Survivor’s Story"
- "Cardiac Arrest in the Cath Lab: What Is the Latest Data?"
- "Management of Severe AI Due to LVAD Treated by TAVR"
- "Future Innovations in Support Devices in a Shock Patient"
- "HFrEF vs. HFpEF: What’s in a Name?" (with 5-minute discussion)
- "Managing Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction"
- "Cardiac Arrest in the Cath Lab"
Wei Zhou, MD (Vascular Surgery):
- "Carotid Intervention and its Cognitive Effects"
The event was held June 27-30 at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek.