The inaugural issue of Lung Matters, a newsletter of activities, accomplishments and accolades for physicians and researchers in the University of Arizona Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine (PACCS), has been posted to the division’s webpages at the UA Department of Medicine website.
The newsletter in its first edition highlights:
- a brief history of the division,
- the division’s Interventional Pulmonology Program headed by James Knepler, MD, and Afshin Sam, MD,
- pulmonary fibrosis research by Louise Hecker, PhD, who has received about $5 million in grants recently,
- reaccreditation of the Center for Sleep Disorders at Banner – University Medical Center Tucson,
- a “Publication Spotlight” with Stefano Guerra, MD, PhD, MPH,
- an Allergy & Immunology Update with Tara Carr, MD,
- notes on recent honors and awards,
- and new faculty.
To read the inaugural issue, click here or on the image at above right.
For future reference, Lung Matters issues will be archived here at the PACCS webpages.
The newsletter is edited by Sairam Parthasarathy, MD, interim division chief, professor of medicine and director of the UA Health Sciences Center for Sleep and Circadian Sciences and Banner – UMC Tucson Center for Sleep Disorders.
To submit news items or subscribe to the mailing list, please contact Brenda Lambert – email@example.com