Physicians interested in the Geriatric Medicine Fellowship may apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) or the NRMP Fellowship Match of the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) — see NRMP’s Medical Specialties Matching Program to apply for the UA Geriatric Medicine Fellowship Program. Qualifications for admission to the Fellowship Program include:
- The successful completion of a three-year residency in one of the following disciplines: Anesthesiology, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine
- U.S. Citizenship, valid residency, or J-1 visa. This program does not support H1-B visas
- Graduates of foreign medical schools must have a standard ECFMG Certificate
- All accepted candidate must obtain an Arizona postgraduate training permit (see "Licensure").
Please note, you must apply through ERAS and register for participation in the match through the NRMP Fellowship Medical Specialties Matching Program.
Your ERAS application will require the following documentation and should be uploaded here.
- Three letters of reference
- USMLE or COMLEX scores
- ECFMG certificate (see “International Medical Graduates,” below)
- Medical school transcript
- Certificate of completion (or good standing in) ACGME-accredited residency (can be in Anesthesiology, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine)
- Personal statement
International Medical Graduates
Fellows must either have U.S. Citizenship, valid U.S. residency, or a J-1 visa. H1-B visas are not supported by this Fellowship.
Timeline and Deadlines
The Program reviews all applications — from internal and external applicants alike — and selects the most qualified candidates for an interview. Interview season generally starts in mid-September and finishes in early November.
- June: Programs open for fellowship applicants (click here for MyERAS® Fellowship User Guide)
- Mid-July: ERAS PostOffice opens to July cycle programs
- December: Match Results available for July application cycle programs
For key dates related to geriatric medicine programs in the NRMP Fellowship Match, see the NRMP Fellowship Medical Specialties Matching Program or click on its SMS Master Calendar for match schedules.
A Fellow accepts appointment as a Clinical Assistant in the Program. It is understood that appointments at the UA College of Medicine are year-to-year, and subject to annual renewal, pursuant to Chapter 4, University Handbook for Appointed Personnel and the Arizona Board of Regents Policy Manual, 6-301, et seq.