The latest issue of the South Campus Pulse, the newsletter of the UA Internal Medicine Residency Program – South Campus at Banner – University Medical Center South came out Friday, Sept. 23.
Click here [PDF] to view the newsletter or visit the program’s newsletter webpage at:
The current edition welcomes the Class of 2019 resident physicians to Tucson—10 in all—as well as Chandra Stockdall, MD, a new program year two (PGY2) resident who completed her intern year at the University of Missouri, Kansas City.
Other content in this issue focuses on:
- Honors, Awards & Accomplishments
– Congrats to resident Shabnam Yekta, MD, and faculty member Monica Vandivort, MD, who won a $2,500 Banner – UMC Medical Executive Committee grant for their Quality Project: “Optimizing Physician-Medical Assistant Working Relationships in a Large Teaching Adult Medicine Clinic”
– Another resident, Norm Beatty, MD, will present on two posters accepted at the Infectious Diseases Society of America's ID Week in New Orleans (Oct. 26-30) and the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene Annual Meeting in Atlanta (Nov. 13-17)
– A third resident, Balaji Natarajan, MBBS, will present on a research poster at the American Heart Association Scientific Sessions 2016 also in New Orleans (Nov. 12-16), and had a paper published in the Journal of American Medicine and a case report in the British Medical Journal.
- Resident Wellness
- Chief’s Corner (Chief Resident John Sandoval, MD)
- A Case Report (PGY3 Norm Beatty, MD)
- Resident Spotlight (Senthil Anand, MD)
- Faculty Spotlight (Don Pepito, MD), and
- From the Kitchen of Dr. Sarah Tariq (Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipé)
For more information, contact Mary Gosciminski, senior program coordinator, for the South Campus residency program: firstname.lastname@example.org