If you couldn’t make it to the Innovations & Inventions Research Fair, an inaugural event hosted as part of the 50th anniversary celebrations of the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson on Oct. 18, you missed a number of presenters from the Department of Medicine.
For a photo gallery from the event, click here [PDF] or on the image at the left.
The research fair was in the Walkway of Wellness outside Drachman Hall in front of the UA College of Pharmacy. In addition to hors d’oevres, desserts and beverages, it included research posters and researcher vignettes from more than 20 presenters.
Among them (and their topics) were:
- Monica Kraft, MD — “SP-A peptides: a novel class of therapeutics for asthma”
- Julie Ledford, PhD — “From biomarker to therapeutic target for lung disease”
- Donata Vercelli, MD — “Learning from the environment to prevent asthma”
- Carol Gregorio, PhD — “Molecular Cardiovascular Research Program”
- Jordan Lancaster, PhD — “MyCardia™ – A Tissue Engineered Cardiac Graft for Treating Heart Failure”
- Hani Babiker, MD — “Early Phase Clinical Trial Program”
- Cindy Miranti, PhD — “Prostrate Cancer Initiative: Tracking Prostate Cancer Metastasis and Drug Resistance”
- Steve Wang, MD — “Precision Medicine for Head and Neck Cancer”
- Nathan Ellis, PhD — “Genomic and Epigenetic Instability in Cancer (GEICO): Precision targeting of DNA repair pathways in cancer”
- Jennifer Barton, PhD — “Optical Imaging Falloposcope for Ovarian Cancer Detection”
- Mindy Fain, MD, and Janko Nikolich- Žugich, MD, PhD — “Transforming the Aging Process and Aging Experience: Now and in the Future”
- Yves Lussier, MD — “Precision drug repositioning: Pharmacogenomics of intergenic SNPs & in silico modeling for precision therapy”
- Larry Mandarino, PhD — “Attacking Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome Together”
- Paul Langlais, PhD — “UA Department of Medicine Quantitative Proteomic Lab”
Golden Jubilee for COM-T
For more COM-T 50th Anniversary events, be sure to look for an expanded program for Founders Day this year — now Founders Week — at the DOM Events section of our website: http://deptmedicine.arizona.edu/events. The schedule runs Nov. 13-17 and includes special lectures from Drs. William Dalton, Fernando Martinez, and Gordon Ewy as well as a Junior Investigator Research Poster Forum on Nov. 17.
You also can find a complete list of those events here at the COM-T website.