The annual “Top Doctors” list by Tucson Lifestyle magazine is out with its July issue.
Congratulations to the 98* physicians associated with the UA College of Medicine – Tucson who were included among the 2017 Top Doctors. The local list is pulled from a national listing compiled by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. Those included were nominated by physicians in their medical specialty and selected by Castle Connolly, a healthcare research and information company that screens hundreds of thousands of physicians nationally.
(*Including affiliated community physicians—a UAHS memo did not include these physicians.)
Feature stories accompanying the list include short profiles for the UA’s Mary-Jane Barth, MD, pediatric cardiac surgeon, and Taylor Riall, MD, PhD, acting chair, UA Department of Surgery. Click here to see the issue. The Castle Connolly Top Doctors 2017 list begins here on p. 29.
A preview of the list was published here in March with 24 physicians from the UA Department of Medicine included. That list has changed slightly below to include affiliated physicians.
- Frederick R. Ahmann, MD, Medical Oncology
- Joseph S. Alpert, MD, Cardiovascular Disease
- Cristine E. (Berry) Oroprez, MD, MHS, Pulmonary Disease
- Elizabeth Connick, MD, Infectious Disease
- John T. Cunningham, MD, Gastroenterology
- James M. Darragh, MD, Internal Medicine
- Mark J. Friedman, MD, Cardiovascular Disease
- Paul Gee, MD, Geriatric Medicine
- Anca D. Georgescu, MD, Infectious Disease
- Gerald N. Goldberg, MD, Dermatology/Affiliate
- Mathew D. Hutchinson, MD, Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Julia H. Indik, MD, PhD, Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Raj Janardhanan, MD, Cardiovascular Disease
- Pradeep V. Kadambi, MD, Nephrology
- Karl B. Kern, MD, Interventional Cardiology
- Stephen A. Klotz, MD, Infectious Disease
- James Knepler Jr, MD, Pulmonary Disease
- Kwan Lee, MD, Interventional Cardiology
- Kapildeo Lotun, MD, Cardiovascular Disease
- Peter Ott, MD, Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Sairam Parthasarathy, MD, Pulmonary Disease
- Franz Rischard, DO, Pulmonary Disease
- James E. Sligh Jr, MD, PhD, Dermatology
- Craig S. Stump, MD, PhD, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Stephen P. Thomson, MD, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism/Affiliate-SAVAHCS
- Andrew M. Yeager, MD, Hematology
Former UA physician Jeffrey R. Lisse, MD, Rheumatology, also was listed, but is now with Eli Lilly & Co. Two pediatric allergists who were on the earlier March list—Heather R. Cassell, MD, and Michael O. Daines, MD—were removed; and affiliates, Dr. Goldberg and Thomson were added.
The Department of Medicine is the largest department in the UA College of Medicine – Tucson—with more than 200 faculty physicians, 130 residents training in internal medicine and dermatology, and 70 fellows in advanced training in all its subspecialties.
“‘Top Doctors’ List Preview for July Issue of Tucson Lifestyle includes 25 DOM Faculty” | Posted March 7, 2017
“Tucson Lifestyle ‘Features’ Janardhanan, Yeager among UA Top Doctors in 2016” | Posted June 29, 2016
"2015 Top Docs, AzCIM, SALSA Spotlighted Among AHSC Top News Items of the Week" | Posted: Sept. 4, 2015