Dr. Ghazala was raised in Iraq and received his medical degree from the University of Jordan. He moved to Canada where he spent one year at the University of Alberta in Edmonton as a Research Associate. Afterward, he joined the faculty at the University of Califronia San Diego, where he continued his passion in research and worked in the department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. He completed his residency training in internal medicine at the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson and is currently applying for a Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship. His primary research interest is in elderly chronic lung disease. Dr. Ghazala serves mainly as the Outpatient Chief resident and a QI project leader for 2016-17. In his free time, he enjoys swimming, playing soccer and spending time with the family.
Laith Ghazala, MD
- Chief Resident, UA Department of Medicine
- UA Reynolds Scholar in Applied Geriatrics
- MD, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
Honors and Awards
- Chief Resident, UA College of Medicine Internal Medicine Residency Program - Tucson Campus, 2016-17
- Internal Medicine, UA College of Medicine - Tucson, 2016