Dr. Goldschmid is a board-certified gastroenterologist who has practiced in Tucson since September 2000. He spent many years at Emory University School of Medicine as director of Clinical Services. Dr. Goldschmid received his medical degree at Wayne State University. He completed his residency in gastroenterology at the University of South Florida College of Medicine. In 2000, Dr. Goldschmid was recruited to establish a state of the art gastroenterology service/endoscopy lab at the University of Arizona Health Sciences based at the University of Arizona Health Network-University Campus in Tucson—now Banner – University Medical Center Tucson. He went on to become the chairman of the Departement of Medicine in 2006. Served as dean of the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson from 2009 to 2014. Prior to that time, he had served as interim dean for one year. As of fall 2015, Dr. Goldschmid was appointed chief of the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. Dr. Goldschmid is a fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology and American College of Physicians. He is a member of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and the American Gastroenterological Association. Dr. Goldschmid has a special interest in inflammatory bowel disease and endoscopic therapy of GI disorders.
Steve Goldschmid, MD
- Professor, Medicine - Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Director, Endoscopy Lab - Banner – University Medicine Tucson
- MD: Wayne State University, 1980
Honors and Awards
- Voted in "Best Doctors in America 2009-2010"
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Member, The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Fellow, American College of Gastroenterology
- Member, The American Gastroenterology Association
- University of South Florida College of Medicine, Internal Medicine, 1983
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine - General
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology - Subspecialty