The Cerner Insight Sessions for University of Arizona providers and clinical staff at Banner – University Medical Center Tucson and South have been revised based on physician feedback be more open in their format and flexible to allow one-on-one question and answer (Q&A) sessions with individual doctors, it was announced Dec. 6.
Read on to learn more.
As we have continued the Cerner Insight Sessions, we asked for your feedback. We heard from you that you prefer a more open session with less structure and opportunity to ask questions about your specific area.
In response to this feedback we have made the following changes to the sessions:
- We have removed some session times, and extended the most attended times
- General types of sessions remain, but now sessions are open agenda with no structured format
- Clinicians can come in at any time during the session and get individualized assistance
- Staff resources will be available in person and remotely
Cerner Insight Sessions continue through December!
- Session times are 10-11:30 a.m. and 1-2:30 p.m.
- Attendance can be in person or via Skype
- To attend sessions in-person, please sign up in the BLC. Sessions can be found by searching “Cerner Insights”.
- To attend remotely via Skype, please see the attached document for the session Skype Links.
What's Needed from Staff and Providers
- Attend one or more sessions, and encourage others to register as well
- Continue to use the dedicated CI resources available via the service desk for questions, issue reporting and escalation. For calls, use (520) 694-4357 (HELP), Option 5, or schedule a 1:1 session or site visit via Service Hub – Clinical Informatics Onsite Support Appointment Request.
- Utilize the resources available via eCoach link on the toolbar within Cerner or Banner Home page link Clinical Informatics Tipsheets.
For additional information, contact your division chief or business manager. You also can direct questions to the following people:
► Sarah Szostak RN, MSN, IT Clinical Informatics Support Director, Banner University Medicine Division – Phoenix and Tucson, (602) 839-4485
► Krystal Murphy, IT Clinical Informatics Director, IT Ambulatory Informatics Support – Arizona, Banner Health Corporate Center - Phoenix Plaza, (480) 684-7176 or email@example.com
The clinical facilities at Banner – UMC Tucson and South began their transition to a new electronic health record (EHR) and related software and programming in early fall 2017, with a full launch for go-live on Oct. 1. Preparations for the move from the EPIC EHR to Cerner began more than a year ago.
"Full Steam Ahead for Cerner Electronic Health Record Go-Live, Oct. 1" | Posted Sept. 28, 2017
"Cerner EHR Transition Postponed, Training Sign-Ups, Forums, Workshops Still On" | Posted March 13, 2017
"Sign Up for Cerner EHR Training by March 17 – Banner Tucson Hospitals, Clinics Transitioning June 1" | Posted March 7, 2017