Please mark your calendars to join us in Kiewit Auditorium for dessert and mocktails starting at 1 p.m. College of Medicine – Tucson employees are invited to attend this very special awards presentation of the 2018 "Lura Hanekamp" Dedicated Staff Awards for Excellence.
All nominees will be honored at this employee recognition event. A monetary award will be presented to three (3) COM-T employees of either staff or appointed personnel status. The 2018 nominees include:
- Marlise E. Bourland, Department of Physiology
- Melissa M. Carton, Department of Surgery
- Richard Chavez, Medicine Administration
- Anne F. De Leon, Department of Neurology
- Lupe O. Gastelum, Medicine Administration
- Maria "Helen" Hill, Department of Medicine
- Chan A. Huynh, Department of Surgery
- Jessica M. Montoya, Department of Surgery
- Sonia Romo, Department of Otolaryngology
- Jennifer A. Ronnebaum, Department of Emergency Medicine
- Lori R. Zimmerman, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Please make every effort to attend in support of our outstanding personnel.
Lura Hanekamp was part of the COM family for 30 years. She served as an Administrative Assistant in the Department of Physiology until her untimely death in 2010. Her husband, William J. Hanekamp, created an endowment in honor of his late wife to acknowledge and recognize COM staff, like Lura, who dedicate their careers to serving fellow staff, students and faculty.
This permanently endowed fund at the University of Arizona Foundation is designed to help support the COM staff awards in perpetuity by Mr. Hanekamp.
Questions? Contact: The College of Medicine - Tucson Staff Advisory Committee (COMSAC) at 520-626-7163.
Kiewit Auditorium, UA Cancer Center