The Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day event in Tucson will be held on Oct. 22, 2016, at the Komen Arizona office, 2099 E. River Road, 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
"October is a busy month for us," said a member of the event's organizing team, Beth High, RN, OCN, MSN, CBCN, CN-BN, a breast program navigator for the UA Cancer Center. "We have two main events—the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer (Kino Sports Complex) on Oct. 16th, and Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day (BRA Day) on Oct. 22. We look forward to a good turnout at both."
Please join as we take part in a nationwide collaboration to educate breast cancer survivors on their options for breast reconstruction after mastectomy.
Free signed copies of the award winning book, Meet Virginia: A Biography of a Breast, by UA Department of Surgery Chair Leigh A. Neumayer, MD, FACS, internationally known for her expertise in breast cancer surgery and research, advocacy for women’s health issues and leadership in surgical education, will be given to all participants.
Drawings for gifts and vendor tables will be part of the day’s activities.
- 7:30am – Check in with a light breakfast provided
- 8:00am – Welcome from two-time breast cancer survivor, Terri Coutee
- 8:30an – Dr. Leigh Neumayer, Banner Dept. of Surgery Chair and UACC Breast Surgeon
- 9:15am – Get Moving! Activity
- 9:30am – Banner physician assistant Carolyn Donohue, PA-C, to UA/Banner plastic surgeon Ethan Larson, MD.
- 10:15am - Get Moving! Activity
- 10:30am – Patient Panel. A discussion with patients who have undergone various types of reconstructive surgery.
- 11:15am – Closing Remarks with Q & A
For more information, contact Beth High, RN, Breast Program nurse navigator, UA Cancer Center, (520) 694-9526 or Elizabeth.High@bannerhealth.com
"UPDATE: Nearly 40 Show for Cancer Center Open House, Next Events on BRA Day, Oct. 22, and GI Cancers, Oct. 27" | Posted: Sept. 16, 2016