With graduation upon us, more than 40 physicians in training with the University of Arizona Internal Medicine Residency Program - Tucson Campus will be advancing to the next step in their profession.
“On behalf of all of us in the Internal Medicine Residency Program, I would like to congratulate all of our graduating residents," said Laura Meinke, MD, program director for the Tucson Campus program and UA assistant professor of medicine. "It was a pleasure watching you learn and grow as physicians. We wish you all the best in your continued growth and development, and in your medical careers!”
From San Diego to London, the following are where some of our residents will be headed:
Graduating Chief Residents:
- Laila Abu Zaid, MD, Endocrinology, University of Arizona/Banner - UMC South, Tucson
- Shubha Kollampare, MBBS, Rheumatology, University of Arizona, Banner - UMC South, Tucson
- Courtney Walker, DO, Gastroenterology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City
- Jessica Yan, MD, Hematology & Oncology, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, Calif.
Graduating Third-Year Residents
- Usman Ajaz, MBBS, Rheumatology, UC Irvine, Orange County, Calif.
- Enas Al Zaghal, MBBS, Endocrinology, George Washington University, Washington, DC
- Gerardo Alcazar, MD, Hospitalist, Duke University, Durham, N.C.
- Fahad Alobaidi, MBChB, Nephrology, University of Arizona/Banner – UMC Tucson
- Ramasubramanian Baalachandran, MBBS, Pulmonary & Critical Care, University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Roberto Bernardo, MBBS, Pulmonary & Critical Care, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City
- Jaspreet Chahal, MD, Hematology & Oncology, Hofstra North Shore-LIJ, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Sepehr Daheshpour, MD, Nephrology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas
- Alana Dembitsky, MBBS, Primary Care, San Diego, Calif.
- Carlos Enamorado, MD, Primary Care, London, UK
- Laura Howe, MD, Rheumatology, UC Irvine, Orange County, Calif.
- Mohammad Hudeeb, MD, Hospitalist, Canyon Vista Medical Center, Sierra Vista, Ariz.
- Craig Jenkins, DO, Langley Air Force Base, Hampton, Va.
- Yasir Khan, MD, Hematology & Oncology, UC Irvine, Orange County, Calif.
- Justin Lee, MBBS, Cardiology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Iyad Mansour, MBChB, Nephrology, University of Arizona/Banner – UMC Tucson
- Konstantin “Stan” Mazursky, DO, Banner Casa Grande, Ariz.
- John Migliano, MD, Hematology & Oncology, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Bradley Minter, MD, Geriatrics, Brown University, Providence, R.I.
- Ahmed Pasha, MBBS, Hospitalist, Mayo Clinic Health Systems, Mankato, Minn.
- Joshua Reischer, MD, CEO, Better On Call, Tucson
- Namit Rohant, MD, Geriatrics, UCLA, Los Angeles
- Benjamin Salazar-Chatt, DO, Palliative & Hospice Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque
- Carlos Tafich Rios, MD, Primary Care, University of Arizona/Banner – UMC South
- Ibrahim Taweel, MD, Hospitalist, Banner Casa Grande, Ariz.
- Seongseok Yun, MD, Hematology & Oncology, University of South Florida/Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Fla.
- Bianca Zangeneh, MD, Hospice and Palliative Medicine, University of Arizona/Banner – UMC Tucson
Announcement of Incoming Chief Residents, Banner – UMC Tucson:
- Laith Ghazala, MD
- Rorak Hooten, MD
- Jennifer Segar, MD
- Lindsey Trutter, MD
"We thank you for your diligence and dedication to improving your medical skills, sharing your knowledge with colleagues and ensuring the best care for our patients. Best of luck for the future!" said Monica Kraft, MD, chair for the UA Department of Medicine and the Robert and Irene Flinn Endowed Chair of Medicine.