The New Year will soon be here and that means change and growth. This includes a big change in how the University of Arizona Life & Work Connections (LWC) will offer employee health screenings in 2020.
Beginning in January, LWC will team with wellness provider Healthwaves to offer FREE 20-minute mini-health screenings at multiple locations throughout main campus. These mini-health screenings will be for full benefits-eligible employees and will replace the current Department Health Screenings and Individual Health Screenings.
The new mini-health screening program will operate faster, serve more employees, and create more screening choices. Services will include:
- A fasting* full blood draw lipid panel.
- A Hemoglobin A1C test (Now FREE).
- Weight and waist measurement.
- Osteoporosis screening.
Results will be mailed to the employee within 5–7 business days. LWC staff will offer free consultations regarding the results.
Please share these dates! Signups open January 2020.
To download and share the 2020 Mini-Health Screening schedule,
These mini-health screenings can be brought to off-site locations as well. For information on scheduling, please contact Chad Myler, senior coordinator, Employee Wellness and Health Promotion, UArizona HR Alliance, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Fasting for 8 hours prior to appointment. Water and medications are permitted.
FOR OTHER UARIZONA HR ALLIANCE NEWS, SEE:
- 11/21/2019 – “University Minimum Wage Increase”
- 11/14/2019 – “November ATS Update: Training Update and User Roles”
- 11/06/2019 – “Webinar: Choosing between ASRS and ORP”
- 10/28/2019 – “New Workshop on Leading Change at UA”
- 10/28/2019 – “Recruitment Policy HR-400 has been updated”