Cheers to the 11 University of Arizona Department of Medicine faculty members who received promotions and/or tenure (P&T) in the most recent round of advancements approved by the UA College of Medicine – Tucson and UA Office of the Provost.
“I offer my congratulations to all the faculty members recognized in this round of promotion and tenure announcements,” said Department Chair Monica Kraft, MD. “This brings to 50 the number of our faculty who have successfully sought advancement in our department over the last five years.”
In this round, four are from the Pulmonary Division, two from Dermatology, and one each from Geriatrics; Genetics, Genomics & Precision Medicine; Hematology & Oncology; Integrative Medicine, and Nephrology.
This year’s faculty promotions, with their new academic titles, went to (click names to see other clinical and academic titles they hold):
Tenured Faculty 2018-19
- Pavani Chalasani, MD, MPH – Associate Professor of Medicine with Tenure – Division of Hematology and Oncology
Clinical Faculty 2018-19
- Ann Marie Chiasson, MD, MPH – Clinical Associate Professor – Division of Integrative Medicine
- James Knepler, MD – Professor of Medicine, Clinical Scholar – Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine (PACCS)
- Lavanya Kodali, MD – Associate Professor of Medicine, Clinical Scholar – Division of Nephrology
- Joshua Malo, MD – Associate Professor of Medicine, Clinical Scholar – PACCS
- Laura Meinke, MD – Associate Professor of Medicine, Clinical Scholar – PACCS
- Afshin Sam, MD – Associate Professor of Medicine, Clinical Scholar – PACCS
- Robert Segal, MD – Clinical Professor of Medicine – Division of Dermatology
- James Sligh, MD, PhD – Professor of Medicine, Clinical Scholar – Division of Dermatology (Chief)
- Monica Vandivort, MD – Associate Professor of Medicine, Clinical Scholar – Division of Geriatrics, General Internal Medicine and Palliative Medicine
Research Faculty 2018-19
- Xingnan Li, PhD – Associate Professor of Medicine, Research Scholar – Division of Genetics, Genomics and Precision Medicine
For more information on promotion and tenure policies and processes, see the UA Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs, UA College of Medicine – Tucson Office of Faculty Affairs or consult with the Personnel Affairs team in the UA Department of Medicine, Terri Buchanan and Cynthia Campas.
Some P&T new policy guidance was given at the last DOM General Faculty Meeting, held March 19, 2019, for which related documents and video archive footage can be accessed here.
The 11 faculty members from the DOM will be among other P&T advancements to be announced at the UA College of Medicine – Tucson’s next General Faculty Meeting, scheduled for Aug. 7, 2019, in the Health Sciences Innovation Building. For an archive of COM-T General Faculty Meetings, see this link.
“Baker’s Dozen Get Promotions among UA Department of Medicine Faculty” | Posted June 19, 2018
“Four from DOM among Promotions Announcements at College of Medicine General Faculty Meeting” | Nov. 14, 2017
“Nine Faculty Physicians Receive Promotions in Department of Medicine” | Posted Aug. 19, 2016