Yeah, it’s that time of year again. Time to get your flu shot. Below you’ll find information on where and when you can get your flu shot on the University of Arizona main campus, UA Health Sciences Campus, Banner – University Medicine Tucson facilities and State of Arizona offices and facilities.
If you were on point today, for instance, Arizona state employees could have gotten their flu shot for instance at the Arizona Historical Society, 949 E. 2nd St., between 10:15 and 10:45 a.m. See all Arizona state office flu shot sites now through Dec. 10 at this link.
UA Campus Health | Foil the Flu
For students and UA employees, UA Campus Health also will host several flu shot clinics at the UA Mall and Student Union Ballroom.
► Click here for details.
- Key Facts about the Flu
- 2019-2020 Flu Season FAQs
- Preventing the Flu: Good Health Habits Can Help Stop Germs
Please take note of related eligibility requirements and limitations, which may differ for students and (UA) state and Banner Health employees.
UA Life & Work Connections | Flu Shots
The UA 2019 flu shot clinics occur Sept. 27 through Oct. 23 in Tucson. You can find specific dates at the bottom of the document at the above URL (see “this link”) or listed below.
- All Benefit Options Members (enrolled in an Arizona Department of Administration, ADOA, medical plan) age 4 and older including: employees, retirees, spouse, and dependents.
- State Employees Eligible for Full Benefits (those who were offered ADOA medical benefits, even if they declined coverage)
- FOR THOSE NOT BENEFITS ELIGIBLE THE CHARGE IS $40.00
To receive a Flu Shot you will need:
- Print and fill out the Flu Shot Consent Form .
- Bring the completed form, your insurance card, and employee Alternate ID number.
- Alternate ID number is required. This is NOT your Cat Card number.
- For instructions on how to locate your Alternate ID number in UAccess, click here .
TUCSON CAMPUS FLU SHOT INFORMATION
- Sept. 27 | 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. – Student Union Memorial Center, North Ballroom (Building 17)
- Sept. 30 | 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m. – University Services Annex East, 220 W. 6th St., Room 104/106 (Building 300A)
- Oct. 1 | 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. – Facilities Management, 1518 E. Lester, Conference Room, (Building 210)
- Oct. 1 | 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. – UA Cancer Center North, 3838 N. Campbell, Room 1290/1291
- Oct. 2 | 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. – 3rd floor North Veranda Bio Sciences West (Building 88)
- Oct. 2 | 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. – 3rd floor North Veranda Bio Sciences West (Building 88)
- Oct. 3 | 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. – South entrance of Electrical and Computer Engineering (Building 104)
- Oct. 3 | 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. – East entrance University Services Building (Building 158)
- Oct. 4 | 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. – Arizona Health Sciences – “Farmer’s Market Plaza” (Building 201)
- Oct. 4 | 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. – Arizona Health Sciences – “Farmer’s Market Plaza” (Building 201)
- Oct. 7 | 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. – Southwest entrance (patio) of McClelland Hall (Building 108)
- Oct. 7 | 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. – North entrance of Administration (Building 66)
- Oct. 8 | 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. – Northwest corner (3rd floor outdoor patio) - Optical Sciences (Meinel) (Building 94)
- Oct. 8 | 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. – El Portal, Saguaro Conference Room (Building 182)
- Oct. 9 | 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. – North entrance Douglass (Building 28)
- Oct. 9 | 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. – West entrance Forbes (Building 36)
- Oct. 10 | 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. – North entrance Main Library (Building 55)
- Oct. 10 | 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. – North entrance Main Library (Building 55)
- Oct. 11 | 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. – Keating BIO5, Room 103 (Building 240)
- Oct. 11 | 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. – Facilities Management Administration, 1610 N. Vine, Conference Room 106 (Building 460)
- Oct. 23 | 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. – Life & Work Connections, 715 N. Park Ave. (2nd Floor) - (Building 156)
For any updates to the above information, visit the website: lifework.arizona.edu/waw/flu-shots.
Arizona Department of Administration | Wellness Benefits – Flu Shots
- Visit your doctor.
- Attend a flu shot clinic onsite at your work location (or one nearby) | SCHEDULE [pdf]
- Find a convenient Healthwaves Clinic near you: Healthwaves Website (See link at left for eligibility and below for Tucson sites through November; schedule runs through December.).
ADOA Public Flu Shot Clinics | Healthwaves Tucson/Sierra Vista
See “Healthwaves Website” above for statewide list. Tucson events from the document are listed below through November:
- Monday, Sept. 9, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. | Bashas’: La Cholla & River Road, TUCSON (FLU & LAB)
- Wednesday, Sept. 18, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. | Food City: Country Club & 22nd St., TUCSON
- Saturday, Sept. 21, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. | AJ’s: Skyline & Campbell, TUCSON (FLU & LAB)
- Saturday, Sept. 28, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. | Bashas’: Camp Lowell & Swan, TUCSON (FLU & LAB)
- Monday, Oct. 7, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. | Bashas’: La Cholla & River Road, TUCSON
- Saturday, Oct. 19, 9 a.m-12:30 p.m. | Food City: Highway 92 & Fry Blvd., SIERRA VISTA (FLU & LAB)
- Saturday, Oct. 26, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. | Bashas’: Cortaro & Thornydale, TUCSON (FLU & LAB)
- Saturday, Oct. 30, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. | Bashas’: La Cholla & River Road, TUCSON
- Saturday, Nov. 2, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. | Food City: Country Club & 22nd, TUCSON (FLU & LAB)
- Monday, Nov. 4, 9am-12:30pm | Bashas’: Oracle & Golder Ranch Road, TUCSON (FLU & LAB)
- Saturday, Nov. 9, 9am-12:30pm | Food City: I-19 & Irvington Road, TUCSON (FLU & LAB)
- Monday, Nov. 11, 9am-12:30pm | Bashas’: Cortaro & Thornydale, TUCSON (FLU & LAB)
- Thursday, Nov. 14, 9am-12:30pm | Bashas’: Camp Lowell & Swan, TUCSON (FLU & LAB)
- Thursday, Nov. 14, 9am-12:30pm | Food City: Sierra Vista, SIERRA VISTA (FLU & LAB)
Banner Health | No Flu For You!
Flu season is just around the corner. It’s incumbent upon us to protect our team members, patients and communities. That’s why on Tuesday, Sept. 3, Banner Health officially kicked off its “2019 No Flu For You” efforts.
All team members, providers and volunteers must get a flu shot or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file by 11:59 p.m. (MST) Dec. 4, 2019, to continue working for Banner. See below for the appropriate documents.
Why a mandatory flu shot?
The flu can be prevented and immunization is one of the most effective ways to decrease the spread of the virus. It’s the right thing to do. Read the full policy (link can only be viewed when signed in on Banner Health device).
Visit the No Flu For You webpage on the Banner Health employee intranet website for:
- Flu shot schedules
- Exemption forms (also at bottom of this webpage)
- New CDC recommendations on egg allergy and flu vaccination.
Thank you for your support as we kick off the eight year of this vital effort. Please send any questions or concerns to NoFluForYou@BannerHealth.com.
Tucson Flu Shot Schedule:
University of Arizona Cancer Center | 3838 N. Campbell Ave., Tucson 85719
- Monday, Sept. 23, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. | UA Cancer Center – North Campus (Peter & Paula Fasseas Cancer Clinic)
Elvira Corporate Office | 2701 S. Elvira Road, Tucson 85756
- Tuesday, Sept. 24, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. | Elvira Corporate Office
Banner – UMC South | 2800 E. Ajo Way, Tucson 85713
- Thursday, Oct. 3, 1-5:30 p.m. – Laurel | South Campus ED War Room (aka ED report room)
- Tuesday, Oct. 15, 1-6 p.m. – Laurel | South Campus 4th Floor Professional Practice Rm. 4095
- Saturday, Oct. 26, 5-9 p.m. – Laurel & Alexis | South Campus EH Office Rm. 1025 (1st floor)
- Thursday, Oct. 31, 1-4:30 p.m. – Laurel | South Campus ED War Room (aka ED report room)
- Friday, Nov. 8, 7:30-11 p.m. – Laurel | South Campus Professional Practice Rm. 4095 (4th floor)
- Friday, Nov. 15, 7:30-11 p.m. – Laurel | South Campus ED War Room (aka ED report room)
- Wednesday, Nov. 20, 6 a.m.-6 p.m. – Mobile Team and Laurel| South Campus La Galería (1st floor cafeteria)
- Wednesday, Dec. 4, 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. (Deadline day for flu shot requirement)
– South Campus Employee Health (EH) office ALL DAY FLU SHOTS
– Flu shots ONLY all day in the EH office and maybe TB readings if needed.
– NO Annual Requirements or lab draws or appts on 12/4/19 at South EH office. – Laurel
Banner – UMC Tucson | 1625 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson 85719
- Monday, Nov. 18, 6 a.m.-6 p.m. | BUMCT, Main Campus – Duval Auditorium
- Tuesday, Nov. 19, 6 a.m.-6 p.m. | BUMCT, Main Campus – Duval Auditorium