Lisa Quale, a health educator at the University of Arizona Cancer Center and UA Skin Cancer Institute, discusses the best ways to enjoy the sun’s benefits while protecting yourself from cancer-causing UV radiation in a recent Healthy Dose Blog post at the UA Health Sciences website.
Posted July 10, 2019, this blogpost is presented in Q&A format and covers the highlights of why sunscreen and clothing that acts as an effective barrier to potentially damaging rays of the sun are so important.
You can read the blog here:
“Keep Your Skin Safe from Summer Sun”
For all Healthy Dose Blog posts, see this link.
Among some of the most recent topics are:
- “Prediabetes: The 84 Million-Person Health Risk” by Kelly Palmer, MHS, CCRP, administrator, UAHS Center for Border Health Disparities | Posted Aug. 6, 2019
- “Memory Matters: Alzheimer’s and the Brain” by Ole J. Thienhaus, MD, chair, UA Department of Psychiatry | Posted June 15, 2019
- “Could Getting Your Flu Shot Help You Avoid a Silent Killer?” by David A. Bull, MD, chief, UA Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, and member, UA Sarver Heart Center | Posted Feb. 11, 2019
- “Your Sight Matters: Finding a Cure for Macular Degeneration” by Ann G. Figueroa and Brian S. McKay, PhD, UA Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Science| Posted Jan. 15, 2019
- “Expanding Roles for Genetic Counselors in the Era of Precision Medicine” by Valerie Schaibley, PhD, administrator, UAHS Center for Applied Genetics and Genomic Medicine | Posted Nov. 6, 2018
If you would like to contribute a blogpost to this UA Health Sciences feature, please contact Lesley Merrifield, director, UAHS Communications, Office of Public Affairs, at (520) 626-1331 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“Healthy Dose Blog Takes Aim at Valley Fever for Fungal Disease Awareness Week” | Posted Oct. 18, 2018
“Advances in Understanding Asthma Genetics Will Help Patients Breathe Easier, Says Latest Healthy Dose Blogpost” | Posted July 23, 2018