Dr. Tafich is a fellow in the University of Arizona Rheumatology Fellowship Program and, as such, also is affiliated with the UArizona Arthritis Center. He served as an assistant professor in the Division of General Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine from 2016-2023 and was associate program director for the UArizona Internal Medicine Residency Program – South Campus from July 2021 to July 2022. He completed his medical degree at the Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, México, graduating summa cum laude and serving as valedictorian for his class. Afterward, he completed his internal medicine residency at UArizona.
Carlos A. Tafich-Rios, MD
- MD: Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, Mexico, 2012
Honors and Awards
- Summa Cum Laude / Valedictorian, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, Mexico, Class of 2005-2012
- Best Medical Student Award, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, Mexico, 2010-2011
- University of Arizona, Internal Medicine, 2013-16
- American Board of Internal Medicine