Along with our advanced research and training programs, the University of Arizona Division of Dermatology provides outstanding clinical services to patients for medical and surgical care of the skin, hair and nails. We specialize in diagnosing and treating skin diseases and managing both benign and malignant skin tumors.
Our general dermatology medical services include:
- An adult dermatology clinic and a dedicated pediatric dermatology clinic
- A dedicated Mohs and dermatologic surgical unit for skin cancer and other skin tumors. Our unit meets hospital standards and offers the highest level of outpatient surgical safety.
- A Cutaneous Oncology program that features a specialized clinic for melanoma, cutaneous lymphoma and other forms of skin cancer and that collaborates with the UA Cancer Center medical and surgical oncologists.
- A variety of laser and aesthetic procedures.
- Phototherapy and blue and red photodynamic therapy.
- Expanded patch testing for contact dermatitis, including the full North American Contact Dermatitis Group’s allergy series—not offered by most dermatologists.
In addition to our outpatient clinical dermatology practice, we provide dermatological on-call services for Emergency Medicine, Surgery and Inpatient Medicine at Banner – University Medical Center Tucson and South campuses as well as ambulatory dermatology services at the Tucson VA Medical Center. Our physicians also serve in several lead positions at the UA Cancer Center’s Skin Cancer Institute, including:
- Dermatology Division Chief James Sligh, MD, PhD — associate director and executive group, Skin Cancer Institute; member, UA Cancer Center Executive Committee and Sarcoma Multidisciplinary Clinic Team
- Clara Curiel-Lewandroski, MD — executive group, Skin Cancer Institute, and director, Pigmented Lesion Clinic and Cutaneous Oncology Program
Other clinics include the Eczema Specialty Clinic and Hidradenitis Suppurativa Specialty Clinic, under the guidance of director Vivian Shi, MD.
UA Skin Cancer Institute
The Skin Cancer Institute unites the UA Cancer Center’s many skin cancer prevention endeavors, bringing together innovative research, clinical care, education and community outreach. It brings together a multidisciplinary team across the various health-care fields to advance our knowledge of these disorders, develop innovative and breakthrough therapies and treatments, and provide compassionate care to our patients.
For more information, see the following:
The COP and Pigmented Lesion Clinic provide patients with “one-stop” comprehensive, multidisciplinary clinical care by nationally and internationally known experts, offering exceptional care to patients with a wide variety of cutaneous malignancies. It also serves as a referral center for the management of nonmelanoma skin cancer, including:
- Squamous cell carcinomas in immunocompetent and immunosuppressed patients
- Merkel cell carcinoma
- Cutaneous lymphomas, including CD30 lymphoproliferative diseases
- Other epidermal, appendageal, and undifferentiated cutaneous malignancies
For a brochure on the full range of COP services offered, click this link: 201804966_derm_cop-brochure_v6_web.pdf [PDF].
Additional Programs & Services
You can find additional information and detail about programs and services we offer at these links to the Banner – UMC website:
- Allergy & Immunology
- Breast Cancer
- Cancer Care
- Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgery
- Sinus Surgery & Rhinology
- Skin Cancer
- Surgical Services
- Weight Management
- Women’s Health
For more information, also see:
Where We Practice
Not including health-care partner organizations, affiliated community practices and providers, and mobile clinic services offered by our physicians, these are the major facilities where our physicians practice and teach:
Banner – University Medical Center Tucson
1625 N. Campbell Ave., Tucson, AZ 85724
Banner – University Medical Center South
2800 E. Ajo Way, Tucson, AZ 85714
Banner – University Medicine Dermatology Physician Offices
7165 N. Pima Canyon Dr., Tucson, AZ 85718
(520) 694-2873 (CURE) or (520) 626-6024
University of Arizona Cancer Center – North Campus
3838 N. Campbell Ave., Tucson, AZ 85719
(520) 694-2873 (CURE)
Southern Arizona VA Health Care System
3601 S. 6th Ave., Tucson, AZ 85723
How to Schedule an Appointment
To request an appointment with a dermatologist, please call our Patient Service Center at (520) 694-2873 (CURE) or Request an Appointment online here and select Dermatology as the specialty. For appointments regarding cosmetic procedures, please call (520) 694-2100. If you already are a patient, you can also log-in to the MyBanner Patient Portal to request an appointment.
For cancer patients, visit the UA Cancer Center's Patient webpage: uacc.arizona.edu/patients
How to Make a Referral
If you’re a health-care provider and want to make a patient referral with one of our physicians, please contact Physician Resources at (520) 694-5868 or toll-free 1-800-524-5928. You can also visit the Information for Physicians webpage and click on "Physician Referral."