If you missed Tucson Lifestyle’s annual “Top Doctors” listings this year, that’s because it got moved from its traditional spot in the July issue to June—where it was a bit crowded by the magazine’s Summer Style and Weddings themes.
This year’s listings also did not include any local “featurettes” (short profiles) on any physicians listed.
Still, there was a lovely article on Jennifer K. Barton, PhD, the UA BIO5 Institute director, in the Up Frot section (see “Engineering Collaboration,” p. 19-21) and three nice one-page photo albums for the Integrative Touch for Kids’ Butterfly Gala (p. 129), Gootter Grand Slam Gala (p. 130) and Hearts & Horses Gala (p. 133).
We offer our congratulations to the 85 University of Arizona/Banner – University Medicine physicians from Tucson — 24* of whom were from the UA Department of Medicine — recognized as “2018 Top Doctors.” That overall number is down a bit from previous years that average about 100 UA/Banner doctors.
The number of DOM doctors on the list has remained fairly consistent year to year. Those included this year (with their specialty) are:
- Cardiac Electrophysiology – Matthew Hutchinson, MD; Julia H. Indik, MD, PhD; and Peter Ott, MD
- Cardiovascular Disease – Joseph S. Alpert, MD; Mark J. Friedman, MD; Raj Janardhanan, MD; and Kapildeo Lotun, MD
- Dermatology – Gerald N. Goldberg, MD, and James E. Sligh, MD, PhD
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism – Craig S. Stump, MD, PhD (SAVAHCS), and Stephen P. Thomson, MD (SAVAHCS)
- Geriatric Medicine – Paul Gee, MD
- Hematology – Andrew M. Yeager, MD
- Infectious Diseases – Elizabeth Connick, MD, and Stephen A. Klotz, MD
- Internal Medicine – Philip Galasso, MD
- Interventional Cardiology – Karl B. Kern, MD, and Kwan S. Lee, MD
- Medical Oncology – Frederick R. Ahmann, MD
- Pulmonary Disease – James Knepler, MD; Tammy Ojo, MD; and Sairam Parthasarathy, MD
Other UA/Banner physicians were included in categories for Allergy & Immunology, Colon & Rectal Surgery, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecologic Oncology, Hand Surgery, Internal Medicine, Maternal & Fetal Medicine, Neurological Surgery, Neurology, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Occupational Medicine, Ophthalmology, Orthopedic Surgery, Otolaryngology, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Endocrinology, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Pediatric Infectious Disease, Pediatric Nephrology, Pediatric Pulmonology, Pediatric Surgery, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Radiation Oncology, Surgery, Thoracic & Cardiac Surgery, Urology, Vascular & Interventional Radiology and Vascular Surgery.
For the full list, click here: http://www.mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?i=497944&ver=html5&p=44
The “Top Doctors” list in Tucson Lifestyle is compiled by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., which notes in this year’s introduction that, “Doctors do not and cannot pay to be selected and profiled as Castle Connolly Top Doctors.” It goes on to note that its physician-led team of researchers follows a rigorous selection methodology to select top doctors at a regional and national level. The online nomination process — go to www.castleconnolly.com/nominations — is open to all U.S. licensed physicians able to make nominations in any specialty and in any part of the country.
For those interested in previous year’s Top/Best Doctors listed in Tucson Lifestyle, see the following:
Prior to 2016, Tucson Lifestyle used a different vendor for its list, Best Doctors in America® — which is now a biennial list that comes out at the beginning of the year.
* (Anca Georgescu, MD, and Cristine Berry, MD, MHS, were listed as UA/Banner doctors in this issue, but had left for positions elsewhere. Dr. Georgescu left at the end of June 2018. Dr. Berry left a year earlier.)
“Dozens of DOM Faculty Among 140 Banner Physicians to Earn ‘Best Doctor’ Recognition” | Posted Jan. 23, 2018
“DOM Physicians Make Up a Quarter of UA ‘Top Doctors’ in 2017” | Posted July 13, 2017
“‘Top Doctors’ List Preview for July Issue of Tucson Lifestyle includes 25 DOM Faculty” | Posted March 7, 2017
“Tucson Lifestyle ‘Features’ Janardhanan, Yeager among UA Top Doctors in 2016” | Posted June 29, 2016
"2015 Top Docs, AzCIM, SALSA Spotlighted Among AHSC Top News Items of the Week" | Posted: Sept. 4, 2015