The Second Annual University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson (COM-T) Clinical Excellence Awards, established in 2018, recognizes physician faculty members at the assistant or associate professor level for outstanding clinical care. This competitive award is acknowledged by a plaque, UAHS media coverage and carries with it a monetary prize.
Among the 10 faculty members who received awards last year were the UA Department of Medicine’s Bujji Ainapurapu, MD (Division of Inpatient Medicine); Monica Vandivort, MD (Division of Geriatrics, General Internal and Palliative Medicine); and Tirdad Zangeneh, DO (Division of Infectious Diseases); as well as Erika Bracamonte, MD, a pathologist and renal biopsy service director who works closely with the Divisions of Nephrology and Rheumatology and teaches Microscope Rounds. See who else won here.
Nominations of physician faculty are welcome from all members of the College of Medicine community: faculty, staff, administrators and students. Individuals may not nominate themselves.
Submit your nomination by visiting this link: COM CLINICAL EXCELLENCE AWARD
The selection of the person receiving this award will be based on the following criteria:
- Delivers consistently outstanding clinical care
- Has an approximate clinical effort of .50 or higher FTE
- Is readily available for consultation with other faculty, demonstrating an outstanding ability to assist and share expertise with colleagues
- Encourages medical students and residents to ask questions and express their ideas or opinions
- Uses innovative methods to assure a positive clinical outcome
- Is humanistic in his/her approach to patient care and interaction with colleagues and other healthcare professionals
- Demonstrates a sincere commitment to patient care and patient access to care
What's Next after the Nomination Phase?
After the nomination process is closed, the Selection Committee Chair will contact the qualifying nominees and inform them that they have been nominated. Applications for the award will be due on Friday, Oct. 4, at 5 p.m.
If nominated individuals wish to be considered for the award, they will be asked to prepare and submit the application as a word or pdf document containing the following information:
- Personal statement/philosophy of clinical care (no more than one single-spaced page)
- A biosketch (UA vitae, CV or NIH Biosketch are acceptable)
- Letters of support from nominator, patients/students/colleagues (minimum of 3, no more than 5)
Announcements of the Awards
The award winners and their Department chairs will be notified by the chair of the college’s Awards Committee by Oct. 15, 2018. The awards will be presented and celebrated at the COM-T General Faculty Meeting on Nov. 20, 2019.
Additional information will be posted later to the Event listing for the meeting, which can be found here.
Contact: Lupe Obregon, email@example.com
Call for Nominations – Attachment:
CLINICAL EXCELLENCE AWARD 2019.pdf
To request any disability-related accommodations for this event please contact the event coordinator at least three business days prior to the event.
“Inaugural Clinical Excellence Award Winners Feted at COM – Tucson General Faculty Meeting” | Posted Nov. 8, 2018
“Four from Department of Medicine Honored with First-Ever COM-T Clinical Excellence Awards” | Posted Oct. 25, 2018