Several folks from the University of Arizona Department of Medicine were among those recognized with nominations at the 31st Annual Awards for Excellence hosted April 8 at the Student Union Memorial Center in the Irving & Rose Levine Grand Ballroom.
Among nominees for an “Individual Award for Excellence” was: YoonJoo Shin, senior lab manager (Dr. Louise Hecker Lab), UA Department of Medicine (click image to enlarge).
In addition, all UA Graduate Medical Education Program Administrators from across the campus were nominated for a “Team Award for Excellence.” In our department, that includes: Carolyn Bothwell, Christeana Castro, Regina Chandler, Carol DeBis-Harrell, Mary Dickinson, Jordan Elias, Julie Forte, Imelda Galvan, Linda Gonzalez, Mary Gosciminski, Helen Hill, Perlana Howard, Renae Juska, Brenda Lambert, Kerith Lisa and Daniel Veres.
- Dawn Henderson | Administrative Assistant, Division of Cardiology, UA College of Medicine – Tucson
- Terry Smith | REDCap manager, Center for Biomedical Informatics and Biostatistics,* UAHS
- Jason Toone | (then) Lead Admin, UA Sarver Heart Center/Division of Cardiology; (now) Clinical Senior Manager, Division of Endocrinology and Division of Geriatrics, General Internal Medicine and Palliative Medicine, UA College of Medicine – Tucson
* Informatics is part of the UA Department of Medicine.
EXTRA INFO: Recognize Someone with a Wildcat Family Spirit Certificate of Appreciation
There’s a quick and simple way to you can recognize great people with a Wildcat Family Spirit Certificate of Appreciation | Developed in response to UA employees wanting to show their appreciation to their fellow employees and others for exemplary customer service, innovative improvements, outstanding performance or for fostering diversity, creativity, cooperation and community spirit. Anyone can nominate anyone. It only takes a minute or two. Shine a spotlight on that special colleague or coworker.
The event is sponsored by the UA Employee Recognition Committee. UA Vice President of University Communications Chris Sigurdson served as emcee. Awards were presented by UA President Robert C. Robbins, MD. Learn more here: recognition.arizona.edu
Click image at right of Terry Smith (center) with Dr. Yves Lussier (right), director, UAHS Center for Biomedical Informatics and Biostatistics, to enlarge.
Others at UAHS
Elsewhere in the UA Health Sciences, nominations included:
- Billy Joe Varney Award | Charlotte Smith, Department of Surgery, UA College of Medicine – Tucson
And winners included:
- Individual Award for Excellence | Katherine Alvarado, program coordinator, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, UA College of Medicine – Tucson
- Individual Award for Excellence | Lierin Cox, senior research specialist, University Animal Care, UAHS
- Individual Award for Excellence | Lydia Kennedy, director, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, UAHS
- Individual Award for Excellence | Anita Martinez, senior office specialist, Department of Basic Medical Sciences, UA College of Medicine – Phoenix
- Team Award for Excellence | College of Public Health Undergraduate Advising Team, UAHS
- Department Award for Excellence | Pharmacy Practice and Science, UA College of Pharmacy
Other Wildcat Family Spirit Award certificate winners in the past year included:
- Carol Beltran | administrator, Department of Physiology, College of Medicine – Tucson
- Debbie Boggs | manager, Residency Program, Department of Surgery, College of Medicine – Tucson
- Isabel Chavez | senior manager, College Operations, College of Nursing
- Catherine Correia | special assistant to the deputy dean, Administration, College of Medicine – Tucson
- Cheryl Glass | director, Health and Wellness Center, Family and Community Medicine (F&CM), College of Medicine – Tucson
- Michael Harvey | senior instructional specialist, F&CM, College of Medicine – Tucson
- Leticia Lovallo | interim operations manager, UAHS Development Office
- Sonia Nieves | executive assistant, UA Cancer Center
- Patricia Philbin | senior graphic designer, F&CM, College of Medicine – Tucson
- Amy Randall-Barber | manager, Marketing/News, BIO5 Institute
- Toni Richardson | assistant department administrator, Emergency Medicine, College of Medicine – Tucson
- Jack Roberts | assistant to the chair, Department of Otolaryngology, College of Medicine – Tucson
- Robert Sandoval | manager, Facilities/Planning, BIO5 Institute
- Kandie Stanton | senior business manager, Department of Surgery, College of Medicine – Tucson
- Michele Vaughn | senior program coordinator, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, College of Medicine – Tucson
- Pamela Wagner | senior program coordinator, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, College of Medicine – Tucson
- Eleanor Warder | Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, College of Medicine – Tucson
“Awards for Excellence Recognize Employees Who Go Above and Beyond” | (University Communications) Posted March 28, 2019
“Work of Two DOM Faculty (and a Daughter) on Display at UA/National Arts Program Art Exhibit” | Posted Feb. 1, 2019
“Congratulations to CB2’s Terry Smith for Wildcat Family Spirit Award” | Posted Sept. 26, 2018