All salary, benefit and general policy information for residents and fellows is provided through the UA College of Medicine's Office of Graduate Medical Education.
A quick summary of benefits available to fellows and residents through June 30 follows:
- Health and dental insurance
- Meals (when on nights)
- Professional liability insurance
- Life insurance
- The University of Arizona tuition fee discount for resident and spouse (for new residents, available through June 30, 2016)
- Lab coat and scrubs allowance
- 22 days paid vacation
- 10 paid holidays
- Sick-leave accrued at 1st day per month
- Book/electronic/professional development allowance
- Educational leave and travel allowance for presentations at national meetings (with Department approval)
- Use of an outstanding medical center library
- Photocopying and MEDLINE searches
- Notary service
- A residents' area and computer and separate ED library with three personal computers
- ACLS, ATLS, PALS or APLS instructor courses provided
- Free parking
For any updates to the above information, see the UA College of Medicine GME applicant section.
PLEASE NOTE: The above benefits information changed July 1, 2016, when a transition occurred in employment of fellows and residents from the University of Arizona to Banner – University Medicine, the academic division of Banner Health. In 2015, the UA Health Sciences entered into an academic affiliation agreement for clinical teaching facilities included in the merger of Banner Health and the University of Arizona Health Network, which was effected at the end of the first quarter. This includes the Banner – University Medical Center Tucson and South hospital campuses and related outpatient ambulatory care facilities. Refer to the links listed above for the latest information.