All salary, benefit and general policy information for residents and fellows is provided through the UA College of Medicine's Office of Graduate Medical Education.
The salary schedule for fellows in the 2019-2020 fiscal year that ends June 30, 2020, is:
A quick summary of benefits available to fellows and residents through June 30 follows:
- Health and dental insurance
- Meals (when on nights)
- Professional liability insurance
- Life insurance
- Lab coat and scrubs allowance
- 22 days paid vacation
- 10 paid holidays
- Sick-leave accrued at 1st day per month
- Book/electronic/professional development allowance
- Educational leave and travel allowance for presentations at national meetings (with Department approval)
- Use of an outstanding medical center library
- Photocopying and MEDLINE searches
- Notary service
- A residents' area and computer and separate ED library with three personal computers
- ACLS, ATLS, PALS or APLS instructor courses provided
- Free parking
Click on the following for an Overview of Staff Benefits [PDF] or Rate Sheet for Monthly Premiums [PDF]. Any updates to the above information, can be found at the Housestaff link on the UA College of Medicine GME applicant webpage.
PLEASE NOTE: Residents and fellows benefits information changed July 1, 2016, when a transition occurred in employment of fellows and residents from the University of Arizona to Banner – University Medicine, the academic division of Banner Health. In 2015, the UA Health Sciences entered into an academic affiliation agreement for clinical teaching facilities included in the merger of Banner Health and the University of Arizona Health Network. This includes the Banner – University Medical Center Tucson and South hospital campuses and related outpatient ambulatory care facilities. Refer to the links listed above for the latest information.